Saturday, August 18, 2012

4 years ago today...

If you know me, you know that I have a HUGE memory.  I can remember funny birthday, Christmas, etc. moments. I'm not one for remembering a full day. However, on this date in 2008 I remember very well.  I was about to enter college as a freshman the next week and I was spending my last moments of summer at the beach.  I was about to become Aunt Barbara to a set of twins really soon. On this day, we had a water spout..

And then we get a call from big brother K.  He told my mom that due to somethings with my sister-in-law J, the twins (who were scheduled to make their debut that Wednesday) were most likely going to be born that day.  With that being said, my dad, mom, and I made a flying trip back to Birmingham.  While on the way, K called.  The babies were born and they were fine!  When we got to the room, the babies had been brought to the room.  I was kind of scared about holding a newborn.  The youngest I ever held was probably about 9 months. 


However, K asked if I wanted to hold my new nephew, J, I didn't hesitate. I didn't stop smiling while holding him.  He was/still is my perfect nephew.  
The next day, I got to hold my pretty little niece, M, for HOURS.  I did not mind.  Like her little brother, she was also/still is practically perfect in every way. 

I love being Aunt Barbara to both of these two.  They never seize to amaze me.  3 years ago today, M said MY NAME.  Also, J could say his numbers at a very young age. That completely made my whole day!  I love babysitting them, asking them questions to hear their witty answers, watching Disney movies with them, reading to them, and just being around them.  I know they are both child prodigies.

Happy Birthday, J and M!  Aunt Barbara loves you so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment