Monday, August 12, 2013

2nd Go Round for 1st Days

Hello All!

I survived. I'm brutally exhausted but I survived. This first day went a lot better than last year..but that's a given. It isn't my first rodeo. The day started off great.

Morning Work was placed on the desks. All needed materials were placed in desks. Instructions were on the board. I greeted my kids at the door and told them what to do. I also told them how happy I was that they were there. 
When the Morning Work stops, it can seem a bit like the OK Corral, but this time was different. I told them my expectations. I told them my rules and how we do things in second grade. We talked about how we walk in the classroom, bathroom, and hall. 
We implemented a "Secret Pal" at CCA. Mine happens to know my weaknesses: Butterfingers, Reeses, and Coke Zero..they even put it in a pink gift bag.
After our rules, we made a Class Promise. This is what the kids came up with, word for word. I just did the writing. Afterwards, we traced our hands and decorated them. After I laminate them, the hands will go around the Promise. Thanks to Pinterest for this idea!
This was also Pinterest inspired. I found it on a teacher's blog. I loved this idea. I asked the questions and gave each student sticky notes so they could answer. Some of the answers crack me up!

All in all..




No comments:

Post a Comment