Thursday, April 25, 2013

Ms. C goes to prom

As stated in previous post, I teach at a small, private school. It's technically 6 weeks-12th grade. Believe me when I say, it's tiny. Anyways, I'm having a conversation with my boss (the principal)  on a Monday and she's making a list for prom. She asks for volunteers to help decorate for prom. Thanks to sorority recruitment, I like this kind of thing..and I'm good at it. On Thursday, I'm asking her if she still needs me for the next day, she says yes. I tell her that if she needs more chaperones, then I'll gladly help. She jumps in and ecstatically tells me that I need to go to prom dinner and chaperone the dance. The dinner is at the Cypress Inn in Tuscaloosa. The dancing part of the prom is at the Oaks, which is a restored home in the area.
I go home after school and try on every single formal dress I own. I have a lot and my mom helps me decide.
You know what? I had a blast. It was probably better than my junior prom, if truth be known..
Here's a photo at my junior prom with a photo of me at the prom this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment